Divorce Financial Services
When you have built a personal and financial life with your spouse, facing the future without them can be fraught with stress and emotion. At Bridge Divorce Strategies, we specialize in working with women going through major life transitions. We provide caring support and expert financial advice through every step, so you can move forward in your life confident and prepared.
How We Will Support You
The financial aspects of divorce can be incredibly complex, and seemingly minor choices may significantly affect your life and comfort. As a Certified Divorce Financial Analyst Professional, our founder understands the many intricacies and subtleties involved in successful divorce settlements. She will apply her education and expertise to help you make informed decisions and confidently build the next chapter of your life.
Step 1) Identify your financial standing and needs
Whether you’re contemplating divorce or already involved in the process, we can work with you and/or your attorney to:
- Build a case for an equitable asset split
- Calculate your child support needs
- Determine whether spousal support is right for you
- Prepare your financial affidavit
- Analyze your former spouse’s affidavit
- Ensure the proper listing and valuation of all assets, liabilities, income, and expenses
Once we’re confident about the facts, we’ll show you how different settlement options could work out for you and help you pick the solution that best fits your needs.
Step 2) Create a plan for tomorrow
We know that you’re probably most concerned about whether you will be financially secure. So, we will show you what you can expect from your future lifestyle. We always consider taxes and other complex issues so you feel confident about your final settlement.
Step 3) Support your lifelong wealth management
After your divorce is complete, you’re not alone with your wealth management. We can help you make the most of your new financial life by customizing Financial Strategies that pursue your future goals while preserving your current lifestyle. From completing your taxes to planning your retirement, our BRIDGING 3D Process™ will help “bridge” the gap between where you are today and the future you desire.
Are you asking the right questions?
In divorce, every detail matters. 14 Questions You Need to Answer Before Finalizing Your Divorce to ensure you’re well positioned for the next chapter in your life.
14 Questions You Need to Answer Before Finalizing Your Divorce
- What will my lifestyle be after divorce?
- Will I receive spousal maintenance?
- How much child support will I receive?
- Which assets should I/will I get?
- Will I have access to my spouse’s pension?
- Should I keep our house?
- How will we divide our investments?
- Will I have to pay taxes on anything?
- What is a QDRO, and do I need one?
- What should I do if my spouse is being dishonest or hiding assets?
- What should I do if my spouse has been spending our marital assets on an affair?
- Is mediation right for me?
- If I work with a Certified Divorce Financial Analyst Professional, do I also need an attorney?
- What should I do if my attorney doesn’t seem to be on my side or moving my case forward?